Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Women in Science New
Buy this and your school gets £1.50 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Gorgeous visual profiles of 50 trailblazing science pioneers. Moon missions. Cancer treatments. Super-computers. Love your world? Thank these women! You might have heard of Marie Curie or Ada Lovelace. But what about the rest? There’s 17th century scientist and illustrator Maria Sybilla Merian, who went all the way to the tropical rainforest to draw butterflies and wildlife. There’s daredevil Katia Krafft, who studied volcanoes (and died in a lava flow). Or how about Katherine Johnson, the African-American NASA maths genius who figured out the path of the Apollo 11 mission to the Moon? Brainpower, bravery and beauty: they’re all in this book of brilliant science!
- Inspiring picture profiles of 50 women scientists
- Full of striking full-page pictures and infographics
- Women of many backgrounds, in all fields of science
- “Fascinating and superbly presented” – Parents In Touch
This product has not been reviewed yet.