Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not for sale in United States.
Connectors Super Easy-Buy Pack (948 books) Pack
Buy this and your school gets £834.24 to spend on books Orders of £10.00 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Reciprocal reading that stimulates children and raises reading standards fast.
- A proven and cost-effective way to narrow the attainment gap
- Formal classroom trials of Connectors show children’s reading age leaping forward by 9.1 months in just 12 weeks
- Case studies show particular benefits for disadvantaged learners
- A great way to make your Pupil Premium go further
Connectors uses proven, high-impact peer learning methods recommended by the Education Endowment Foundation. It is ideal for small-group reading at different ability levels, and particularly effective for disadvantaged learners.
A 2013 formal trial of Connectors involving 616 pupils in five UK schools showed dramatic increases in reading ability. The greatest benefits were for children on Free School Meals, whose average reading age rose by over 10 months in just 12 weeks.
Children work in small independent groups of up to six, each taking turns to be the leader as they read and discuss a book together – predicting, questioning, summarising and evaluating. This collaborative approach builds oral language and listening skills, develops a range of thinking strategies and teaches children to work in teams.
This Super Easy-Buy Set contains six copies each of all 158 Connectors fiction and non-fiction titles in the series.
“The Ofsted inspector that saw the Connectors lesson said she had never seen a book talk where everybody was so engaged and on task.” Literacy Coordinator, Ecton Brook Primary School
“The whole class loves using Connectors. It engages all the kids – the more able learners encourage the others so that they gain confidence too.” Leanne Dixon, Gateway Primary School
8730 in Schools Catalogue 2017
November 3rd, 2016
In this pack
This product has not been reviewed yet.