Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
In a Nutshell Heroes: Roger Casement - Human Rights Hero
Buy this and your school gets £1.00 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
This brave Irishman defended the rights of native people in poor countries. But in 1916, he chose to stand up for his own country… Roger Casement spent his life fighting for human rights. In Africa and South America, he exposed the cruel treatment of native people at the hands of greedy rubber companies. For this, Roger was made a Knight of the British Empire. But his dearest wish was to free his own country, Ireland, from British rule. So in April 1916, he made a daring attempt to smuggle arms into Ireland for the Easter Rising…
- The inspiring true story of a celebrated Irish hero
- Explains Roger Casement’s role in the Easter Rising
- Part of the popular Poolbeg In a Nutshell series
- Combines simple text with appealing line artwork
This product has not been reviewed yet.