Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Important Events in History: The Great Fire of London
Buy this and your school gets £3.00 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
The most exciting bits of history – simply retold. What was the Great Fire of London? How did it start? How long did it go on? Did lots of people die? Witness the spectacular sight of London’s flaming streets, and see how the fire changed England forever. Read the statements of writers who saw the fire with their own eyes. Learn why the fire spread so quickly, and why historians think it may have saved thousands of lives. Then find out how the fire turned London into the stone and brick city we see today.
- Simple and highly illustrated look at a turning point in British history
- Vividly describes the huge blaze and the destruction it wrought
- Explains how the fire started and spread, and its lasting effects
- Shows how historians build up a picture of long-ago events
This product has not been reviewed yet.