Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Scientists Who Made History: Charles Darwin
Buy this and your school gets £2.25 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Meet the people who shook the world with science! Being a brilliant scientist doesn’t have to be about sitting in a lab all day. The scientists in this series not only did amazing work; they led pretty amazing lives as well. Like Charles Darwin. His Theory of Evolution caused an uproar with its shocking ideas about the origins of life. (Which really upset the Church, and totally changed the whole way we think about life on Earth.) But Darwin also spent five years exploring the world on the HMS Beagle, investigated earthquakes and rode giant tortoises. Science, boring? NOT!
- A fascinating biography of a major scientific figure
- Full of quotes, pictures, maps, timelines and weblinks
- A highly readable blend of scientific facts and life story
- Perfect for science projects and for general interest reading
“A superb series… Excellent both for a library and for children and teachers to read as part of a science course.” TES
September 4th, 2014
AR book level: 7.2; Middle years; 1.0 points
- 48 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.