Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Black History Makers: Campaigners
Buy this and your school gets £1.80 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Are you interested in activism and how people’s actions in the past can shape the present? Or do you want to know more about black history? Then read on! This inspiring book contains the powerful biographies of key black people who have fought against racism. There’s Martin Luther King, who battled segregation in America’s Deep South. Plus Rosa Parks, who was arrested just for not giving up her seat on a bus. (A seemingly small action which, believe it or not, changed the future.) You’ll also find out about the lives of more recent campaigners, such as Oprah Winfrey.
- Detailed profiles of ten key black campaigners
- Spans from the slavery era to the present day
- Ideal support for the school history curriculum
- Fuller text and vocabulary to stretch keen readers
September 4th, 2014
- 24 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.