Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Win a class trip to the awards ceremony!
The Laugh Out Loud Awards 2017 shortlist has been announced, and we need your votes! If you’re a teacher, you can vote on behalf of every child in your classroom – and we’ll automatically enter you into a prize draw to win an all-expenses paid trip to the awards ceremony.
Voting as a teacher is a slightly different process to voting as a parent or a child, because we wanted to give you the opportunity to make sure every child in your classroom has their say. So, you can either cast a single vote for your personal favourite book, or you can place a vote on behalf of the pupils in your class or school.
If you’ve held a vote in your school and you’re voting on your pupils’ behalf, simply enter the amount of votes each book received in the dropdown box you’ll see. You can add up to 35 votes per age category.
Every teacher who casts a vote in Scholastic’s Laugh Out Loud Awards will be automatically entered into a competition to win a trip for them and their class to travel to London to attend the Lollies Award Ceremony in January 2018.
Last year’s ceremony was a brilliant day, and you’ll meet the attending nominated authors and illustrators and see the winners announced. Three teachers will be chosen at random from all votes cast.
You don’t have to be a Book Fair or Book Club organiser to participate in the vote but you and your school will need to be registered with us. It takes just a couple of minutes to sign up and it’s completely free – head here to sign up now.
Terms and conditions
- 3 winning teachers will be chosen from all teachers who vote in the Laugh Out Loud Book Awards 2016. The prize will cover reasonable pre-agreed transport costs to London and reasonable pre-agreed subsistence on the day of the award ceremony (to take place week commencing 20th June 2016) for up to 6 adults and 30 children.
- This competition is open to UK residents on the English, Scottish and Welsh mainland who are registered as Teachers with Scholastic. A teacher based in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland can win €200 worth of books by voting in the Lollies – please visit our Irish site for full details.
- They must cast their vote no later than midnight 10th June 2016.
- Consent of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 for children in the winning classes to attend the event must be secured by the Teacher/accompanying adults and evidence supplied on request .
- The draw will take place on Saturday 11th June 2016 and the winning teachers will be notified by phone or email by midnight Monday 13th June 2016. If contact cannot be made by midnight on Wednesday 15th June 2016, the prize will be forfeited. In this instance, a second draw will take place. The name and country of the winners will be made available on request and receipt of a stamped addressed envelope. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- Only one entry per teacher. Bulk entries from any source will not be accepted.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible or fraudulent will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission.
- This competition is not open to employees of Scholastic UK, associated agents or anyone concerned with this promotion or to members of their immediate family.
- This offer is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer/promotion.
- The prize cannot be traded for cash or other alternatives.
- Regretfully, we cannot be held liable for system failures on the websites.
- Entry into this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to (a) award an alternative prize of equal or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this competition on reasonable notice.
- The promoter is Scholastic Ltd with offices at Euston House, 24 Eversholt St, London NW1 1DB.